Sunday, August 28, 2011

End of one thing, beginning of another.

Life is just a series of beginnings and endings. It is a never ending cycle. As the summer winds to an end, the beginning of this crazy spontaneous idea of mine begins. What better way to improve on what I already have by publicizing what I love to do in my spare time, besides all the distractions that fills the mundane world that we all live in. Cooking. A symbolic thing to represent the series of beginnings and endings. Just think. Everything we consume, whether you are a omnitarian, vegan, or some other food related '-arian', you are ending something while beginning others.

Endings are not always bad, especially if they represent something great, cooking supplies means the end of an object: Salad greens is the end of lettuce leafs as they are picked, butter the end of fats in milk, and so forth for anything you can think of to eat. However, this end serves a useful purpose, the basis of an incredible and sensual journey through what one can never expect. You don't know where you end up. That is what excites me about cooking.

End of cooking means beginning of eating, an act to which I abandon myself to whenever I encounter some delectable morsel of food, whether I have made it, or others did. It pleases me to no end when I am filled with delicious food that just sparks my imagination and/or memories. No matter what type of '-arian' you are, there a little something that will called to your fondest memories. After all, no one lives without eating something, right?
So here's a cheer to a start of something new, hopefully something that will be kept going for a considerable period of time, and who knows, may be someday this will be a record worth looking at.

Live long and eat well,
Aphrael

P.S. FYI, Aphrael isn't my real name, as most can see. It is the name of my favorite character in one of my favorite books, the Belgariad. Aphrael is the child-goddess of the Styricum in that book, and don't ask me what a Styricum is... Figure it out... its worth the reading time :)

P.S.II I probably will post pretty regularly, as I cook regularly, but since this is the post, I'll post my proudest dishes over the summer, which I am now glad I kept a record of, and most likely some recipes to go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment